Wednesday, April 1, 2009

This is NOT an april fool's joke!!



On Gackt's blog and official site, it has been announced that DEARs is FINALLY seriously looking into the international fan club.

This comes on the heals of Gordie Entertainment deleting fan videos, causing an uproar amongst international fans who can only access Gackt through videos on sites like Youtube and Veoh.

I will proudly take SOME credit. lol. after all, I worked hard and 2 petitions, an email campaign, promoting the petitions all over the net, and with videos on Youtube and Veoh.

You can also thank yourselves for helping promote the cause and for signing the petition.

Don't forget the petition at http://thepetitionsite.com/1/igffa we're keeping it going till this actually happens.

So go to Gackt's official site and check out the news and updates section of the English page.

take the international fan questionaire. They're looking for fan opinions as they decide if this is the route to go.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haaa. It's fun to imagine that each person who took the time to message Dears or spread some new around or just work hard on the case like you did... is finally rewarded.
Who knows, though, the fanclub might open in 2011 XD

SarahLGollum said...

I signed the petition not long ago. This is the best news in the world! And I did go to his website and filled out the questionnaire! Thanks so much! I'm so happy! And I was happy to say when it asked what I liked about Gackt, I answered "Everything! The whole package that is him!" It is true. I love his music, his personality, his style, his looks, his voice... everything! The list would have gone on and on if I hadn't of put "everything". Anyway, excellent work!

Vadimec said...

Erm i don't want to think that it might open not now but later. I want it to open as soon as possible. also the question about overseas dears not getting the same kind of service as japanese dears put me off. it means that they are considering that?..
But i can't complain! IT's GACKT overseas fan club!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!! GACKT!!!!!!!

i tried to spread the news around russian public so hopefully this happen in near future.

Andrea said...

they didn't ask about international dears not getting the same options as Japanese Dears. they are asking if we're ok if we don't have the same options now.

I guess for them it's a difference of getting it up and running asap, or waiting till they're able to offer all of the options...which means it could take longer to open.

Kassandra said...

Do you think that this could be linked to them deleting the videos? That they deleted the videos because they knew that they were soon after going to make Gackt merchandise available to overseas fans?? But then if it was still all free to us, we wouldn't buy it, so they took it all down.

Andrea said...

Actually, I think its because of the outpouring of anger over the deletion of videos. I know I started a letter campaign and petition with over 500 signatures, and I'm sure others did too... so I think that is what got them.

unknown_beautiful_soul said...

This is fantastic news ! I pray that they open an international fan club ! Though I have to say Aika-san , You deserve this reward , the credit and a Huge applause because you did a hell lot of work for this ! ROCK ON !

SarahLGollum said...

Hi again! I just went to the Official website to finally send a message to Gackt telling him how he's touched and moved me, and the link to do so is gone. I wonder if it's because of the questionnaire being up, or if they are no longer going to have that option. Does anyone know how I can then?

KEI-sama said...

You know, I'm from Brazil. BRAZIL! And I've signed it and told people and communities here in Brazil for them to sign. I feel so good knowing that our effort is making SOME effect...