Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Gackt says, Sayonara Fuurin Kazan




Fuurin Kazan's filming has finally come to an end.

I've only had time to translate 9 episodes, so I have 40 to go... but to hear that the 49 episodes are done and over is still sad.

**Barely a spoiler... but I'll put spoiler here anyway.**

Since I already know how it ends having read the books, I'm getting tissues ready for the last episode. **End spoiler**

anyone who knows ancient world history already knows whats going to happen anyway. So its not much of a spoiler... but just in case. You know. I don't want to give it away. So I won't say WHY I'm getting ready to cry buckets.

Anyway. This is such a good show with such a great cast. Its truely an adaptation of the book that does the book justice. Kudos to the cast!!

I'm looking forward to the DVD box set release. I'm just hoping they are kind enough to release a version with English subtitles. So many Jdoramas neglect to do that when they are released to DVD. I hope NHK will not be one of those to neglect the English speaking fans of Japanese Dramas.

Go to this site to see a video of the actors 'thank-you's'. Gackt and Ichikawa Kamejiro also give Uchino Masaaki 2 huge boquets of flowers.

Congratulations to the cast!

Uchino Masaaki as Yamamoto Kansuke
Ichikawa Kamejiro as Takeda Shingen
Chiba Shinichi as Shingen's Vassal, Itagaki Nobukata
Gackt as Uesugi Kenshin

For a full cast list... please visit drama wiki.


Ja, mata!

2 comments:

Flyingfox said...

I'm glad that he hes finally finished the filming for the drama. I'm hoping that he releases a new album soon.

Andrea said...

You and me both. ^_^

I can tell you he's working on an album with S.K.I.N. (the superband created by Yoshiki)

and with 2 hot singles (noni saku hana no yoni and Returner) I can't imagine why he wouldn't also do a solo album as well.

maybe another movie? ^_^